The following should help to explain what you, as a patient can expect from our staff and what we, the staff can expect from you. ICP’s Responsibilities:
- To treat you with respect and courtesy at all times.
- To treat you as an individual, and to discuss with you the care and treatment we can provide.
- To give you full information on the services we offer.
- To give you the most appropriate care by suitably qualified staff.
- To refer you to an appropriate specialist/further investigations when necessary.
Your Responsibilities as a Patient:
- To treat all staff with respect and courtesy at all times
- To tell us if you are unsure about the treatment we are offering you.
- To ask for a home visit, only when clinically appropriate and you are unable to attend the practice through illness or infirmity.
- To request any repeat medication in plenty of time.
- To arrive on time for your appointments. Please note if you are late we may not be able to see you.
- To notify us at least 24 hours prior to an appointment if you cannot attend an appointment.
- To notify us of any changes to your personal details (i.e name, address, telephone numbers, email address etc).
It is our policy to be helpful and polite to all our patients regardless of age, ethnic origin, disability, gender or sexual orientation. We expect the same courtesy from our patients. Discriminatory, unsocial, threatening, violent or abusive behaviour towards staff, other patients or the premises will not be tolerated. The Practice will take action in these circumstances. This may involve the Police and result in the removal of the patient from our practice list.