If you have a complaint or concern about the service you have received from the doctors or any of the staff working in this practice, please let us know. We operate a practice complaints procedure with conforms with NHS recommendations and national criteria.
We hope that most problems can be sorted out easily and quickly, often at the time they arise and with the person concerned. If your problem cannot be sorted out in this way and you wish to make a complaint, we would like you to let us know as soon as possible – ideally, within a matter of days or at most a few weeks – this will enable us to establish what happened more easily. If it is not possible to do that, please let us have details of your complaint:
- Within 6 months of the incident that caused the problem or
- Within 6 months of discovering that you have a problem, provided this is within 12 months of the incident.
Complaints should be addressed to Dr Clare Crabtree c/o Fitznells Manor Surgery, 2 Chessington Road, Ewell, Surrey KT17 1TF.
What we will do
We will acknowledge your complaint within two working days and aim to have looked into your complaint within ten working days of the date when you raised the complaint with us. We shall then be in a position to offer you an explanation, or a meeting with the person(s) involved. When we look into your complaint, we shall aim to:
- Find out what happened and what went wrong
- Make it possible for you to discuss the problem with those concerned, if you would like this
- Make sure you receive an apology, where this is appropriate
- Identify what we can do to make sure the problem does not happen again
Complaining on behalf of someone else
Please note that we keep strictly to the rules of medical confidentiality. If you are complaining on behalf of someone else, we have to know that you have his or her permission to do so. A note signed by the person concerned will be needed, unless they are incapable (because of illness) of providing this.
In addition you may want to contact the Independent Complaints Advocacy Service
Clarendon House(1st Floor)
9-11 Church Street
Hampshire RG21 7QG
Tel: 01256 463758 or email www.bh-impetus.org